Sep 6, 2014


     

My name is Joe Hally. I was born and raised in South Boston, Massachusetts.  I still reside in Southie today. My family comes from Ireland and I was raised Irish Catholic and I'm  very proud of my Irish heritage. I am one of four siblings and also have a daughter of my own. My parents have been married for over  45 years. This place that I call home has gone through a lot of changes over the years, so while taking the good with the bad, I still like what it has to offer.

I realized at a young age that South Boston carried a rich history. Many families fathers, sons and brothers served their country and fought in all the past wars. I think in part thats where i got my interests in history. Although historical events is what i mainly enjoy, I'm also intrigued by what else is out there. By that i mean aliens!! I just think that the universe is too big for us to be the only ones. Sooner or later the truth will show itself. I'm also a huge fan of all the local sports franchises. Sports and athletics interest me in general. Boston has enjoyed over a decade of winning championships.
                                
I have many goals that I would like to achieve throughout my life. Going back to school is a goal i'm accomplishing as i write this blog. One that is very important to me is to lead by example and show my daughter, who i love dearly, that getting an education and pursuing a career in a field that I enjoy. I dream of one day having a career of my own choosing so that going to work wont seem like a job.  I want to be able to afford her the opportunities  that I didn't have.  I plan on traveling to Ireland with my daughter and tracing our family tree back to our ancestors.  I guess almost all of my goals include my kin now because thats what happens when you have kids.  There are some goals that I will come back to when the time is right.  

1 comment: