Sep 14, 2014

ACTION INTERVIEW


        I chose my father for my action interview.  He was raised a democrat and considered himself liberal up until he joined the military in his early twenties.  Soon after he joined the navy Vietnam happened.  Thats when he started to rethink his political identity.  He felt that the party started to sway too far left and he began to question his stance up against the party.
       My father considers himself a conservative independent.  For domestic issues, we need to enforce our laws on immigration.  As far as foreign policy, we have to identify and neutralize our fanatical enemies and all others who threaten our way of life.
        Like my father I considered myself a democrat,  or so I thought.  I'm not even sure why.  But as I grew up and started to pay attention to what was going on in the world I changed my mind.  I now consider my stance on politics as an independent.  There are views and issues on both sides that I agreed and disagreed with.  The war in Afghanistan, Obamacare and immigration are some examples of how I lean both ways at different times.Funny Political
        I always knew that my father and I viewed certain issues differently.  After conducting my action interview,  I realize that we differed on more issues than I originally thought.  But thats what politics is all about.  I questioned some of his views during our interview and he debated with me about some of mine.  There are too many people in this country that vote the way others want them to just so they get a good job.  Most don't take the time to learn the issues and take their own stance.

1.  Do you support the war in Afghanistan, Why?
2.  Who was your favorite president, Why?
3.  Have you lost faith in your government?
4.  You were in Vietnam, did you support what went on?
5.  Do you have any questions about my political identity and my views on current issues?

  





No comments:

Post a Comment